Friday 6 May 2016

My apartment!

With only a couple of weeks left in Japan I've slowly been sorting through all the stuff I've gathered in my apartment. Now the place is becoming emptier and emptier and it's really sinking in that I will soon be leaving this place.

This apartment has meant a lot to me because it is my first place just for me. Up until now I've never lived alone before and it makes it even more meaningful that I got to do it somewhere exciting like Japan. 


You can see from the map that the apartment is in a really great location, about 10 minutes walk to Hiroshima train station, and 20 minutes down town!

It does make me sad that not everyone I wanted to visit me could come here, after all flying to Japan is a long and expensive trip. A few people have asked to see pictures of the place so I thought I'd share some photos! They're not much, but soon there will be no furniture and little to look at so better now than never!

So let's start with the entrance...


Most Japanese homes have a 'genkan', where shoes are removed before entering the house. Many people also use the genkan as a miniature waiting room, and where I sign for my mail!

The bathroom...



It's pretty small, but it does the job! The mirror is a bit beaten up so I tried to disguise the cracks with fish stickers! This bathroom allows you to shower on the floor so you're squeaky clean before you step into your bath.

The toilet...


Yes, that's a toilet! Do you like my funky toilet seat cover??


And of course something pretty to look at on the bathroom door ha ha!

The main room...



As you can see, the main room in my apartment includes living area, bedroom and also kitchen! This is pretty normal for a one person apartment here. I'm going to miss that rug, it's so soft...


My sleeping area! And no those aren't a giant pair of blue trousers on the wall.... My bed here consists of a mattress pad and 2 futons, because comfort is important!!

Last of all, the kitchen...


Tucked away in the corner of the main room this little kitchen area is pretty compact! With only one burner it makes cooking fairly limited sometimes. I can't wait to have a proper kitchen again!


The view from the balcony wasn't that great (thanks Suzuki) but you could see the mountains in the distance. It's a good thing I don't mind traffic noise at night.


So that's about it, I hope you enjoyed this virtual tour!







  

No comments:

Post a Comment